Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Changes Begin!

I have officially moved in to my apartment in Boston (thanks to a lot of hard work from my very patient and helpful family), and school starts in 10 days. I am super nervous but am also excited for this new adventure that's about to begin.

Boston is different. I moved in and realized...I have no AC! So that was challenge number 1 (solution: get expensive fans). I also live a mile from the closest grocery store, and have no car. Hmm...city life is weird. Also, everyone says silly things like "wicked" and "cah" instead of car, and things like that here. What else? Dunkin Donuts on every street corner. Lots of lobster and clam chowdah. Different. I have some adjusting to do! And I need a Red Sox shirt ASAP!

My apartment is teensy so I have become super space effective. Lots of containers and secret storage spaces. And half of my belongings reside under my bed. Again, different from what I'm used to. My roommate moves in in 5 days and seems awesome. I don't know how much I will be in our apartment, though - we didn't end up getting cable, so I won't really have much to do in my apartment other than sleep, eat, shower, and play on the internet. Then again, that could take up a lot of time...

I'll post again before Orientation!

No comments:

Post a Comment