So yesterday LEVINE CAME TO VISIT! Yayyy! I love when friends visit because thats when I get to actually explore Boston (hint hint, COME VISIT ME PEOPLE!). We walked around Fenway and Faneuil and then drove north for services and Break-the-Fast at his uncle's house! Levine's grandfather and uncle run "Larry Levine's Kosher Market," in Peabody (which is pronounced "Pea-B'dy" which I find super strange and awkward) so the food at the Break-the-Fast was AMAZING! I had so much fun mingling with the Levines and friends and ate tons and tons of delicious Jewish classics. Multiply the Levine we all know by 20 and that was what the experience was like! It was a good time, and I was so glad to be around such a sweet and welcoming family for the holiday, because I missed my family so much! They sent me home with tons of leftovers and tips on how to survive Mass in the winter!
| www.levineskoshermkt.com |
So here are some highlights from the past few weeks:
- writing a group paper on creating a coalition to prevent smoking during pregnancyfor my MPH class (my group rocked, and we had some amazing ideas)
- studying fat in Biochemistry (ugh)
- Passed both Genetics and Cell Biology (two classes down, a lot to go!)
- learning about diarrheal diseases in Molecular Biology (yuck)
- losing my ability to trust any statistic in Epidemiology (its so easy to make study results sound more significant than they really are)
- started interviewing at a hospital in my white coat (I look so official!)
- apple picking for Rosh Hashanah with TUSM Hillel and baking tons of apple pastries (pie, crisp, etc.)
- Rosh Hashanah potluck (I made my mom's Apple cake! Yum!!)
- saw Contagion (you ALL have to see it!)
No comments:
Post a Comment