I have been studying / in classes from 8am to 11pm or later EVERY DAY for the past two weeks, give or take a day or two off. To entertain / distract myself, I have made this list...
The following are my favorite words we have learned so far (mostly from this 3-week section of studying. Some are anatomical parts, some are diagnostic tests, some are molecules. Feel free to Wikipedia if you want to know what they are - bold ones are most interesting):
Leaving out definition makes it much more fun, trust me!
A lot of the people who name things in medicine have weird / difficult to remember names. For example: Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome is the official name for women who are born without a uterus. Why?!?!
***NOTE TO DAD - EVER SEE THIS DISEASE?***
So this is me signing out. Its 12:14am and I just got yelled at by security to leave the library. This has been a super duper ultra crazy challenging three weeks - and I have definitely tested how much studying I can take. So with caffeine (from the trifecta of coffee, diet coke, AND tea) in my veins, a sore and pen-stained right hand from transcribing outlines, and eyes glazed from staring at a computer, I am giving up on learning everything and going to sleep.
Good news: the second years said between Thanksgiving and Christmas was the worst part of medical school for them, so if I survive this (AKA pass my exams), then I can do this, and I will get an MD. Yay!
Can't wait for tomorrow - freedom for two whole weeks AND a big birthday / holiday / 1/8th doctor bash at a friends house!
No comments:
Post a Comment